Answers to common storage questions.
- Does Additional Self Storage Inc. provide a lock for the storage space and does anyone else have a key?
- Will you send me a monthly invoice?
- Am I renting the space month to month or am I on a lease?
- Will your staff help me move in to my storage locker?
- Are my belongings insured while in storage?
- Is there a limit to how long I can store my goods?
- When and how often can I access my unit?
- How safe are my belongings?
- When will my rent be due?
- What happens if I don’t pay my rent on time?
- Do you have heated and unheated units?
- Is there power in your units?
- Do you have to go into a building to access your storage unit?
- What are the dimensions of the doors?
- What is the height of the ceilings?
- Are pets allowed on the premises?
- Are children allowed on the premises?
- Does Additional Self Storage Inc. allow hazardous materials on the premises?
- Can I store food items in my storage unit?
- What are your methods of payment?
- Who can I send comments or complaints to?
- Q. Does ADDITIONAL SELF STORAGE INC. provide a lock for the storage space and does anyone else have a key?
A. You can purchase high-quality locks at our facilities, or you can bring your own. Either way, you are the only person who has the key.
- Q. Will you send me a monthly invoice?
A. No, ADDITIONAL SELF STORAGE INC. doesn’t invoice its customers. You can pay in advance, by credit card, or by mailing in a cheque. Complete terms are set out in our rental agreement.
- Q. Am I renting the space month to month or am I on a lease?
A. There is no lease with ADDITIONAL SELF STORAGE INC. You rent only as long as you need.
- Q. Will your staff help me move in to my storage locker?
A. Unfortunately, our staff can’t help you move into your locker, but we have carts and dollies available to help you out.
- Q. Are my belongings insured while in storage?
A. We do not insure your goods while in storage. We suggest that you advise your insurance company when you place your belongings into storage. Your insurance company may provide you with a storage policy, or you can purchase separate insurance through our carrier.
- Q. Is there a limit to how long I can store my goods?
A. No, as long as you pay your rent on time, there is no limit to how long you can stay.
- Q. When and how often can I access my unit?
A. You can access your unit anytime you like. We offer access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, unless you set up pre-authorized payment, you will need to drop by during our office hours to pay your bill or when you initially set up your rental agreement.
- Q. How safe are my belongings?
A. We do our best to keep your belongings safe and secure. We offer computer controlled gate access so that we can monitor activity on the site. We have security cameras to keep an eye on things. Having said that, you are ultimately responsible for your goods during your term with us, so we recommend that you ensure that you have adequate insurance to cover your belongings. We would be happy to provide you with more information regarding storage insurance.
- Q. When will my rent be due?
A. Your rent is due monthly on the date that you begin renting. i.e. If you first signed your rental agreement on the 10th of the month, your rent will be due on the 10th of every month.
- Q. What happens if I don’t pay my rent on time?
A. At the very least, late fees and penalties will be incurred. In the worst case, you may lose everything you have stored. We will explain all these details to you when you rent with us, but you’ll never have to worry about it as long as you pay your rent on time.
- Q. Do you have heated and unheated units?
Our facility offers heated and unheated units. Please check with one of our staff to ensure that we have a unit available in the size that you require.
- Q. Is there power in your units?
A. No. For the safety and security of all our customers, there are no power outlets in our units. All units have a timer activated light for the unit interior.
- Q. Do you have to go into a building to access your storage unit?
A. No. All of our storage rooms are outside with ground level access. You just drive up beside your unit and load your belongings in.
- Q. What are the dimensions of the doors?
A. This will vary depending on the size of the unit. Our most common door sizes are 3’6 wide for our 5’ x 10’ units, 6’8” wide for all 10’ x 10’ or larger units. We also have some 8’0” wide doors in our heated building. All of our doors are 7’’10” high, with 8’ 8” high doors in our heated building.
- Q. What is the height of the ceilings?
Most of our buildings have an 8’0” ceiling height. We also have two buildings with 9’6” ceiling height. Please call to confirm the height of your unit.
- Q. Are pets allowed on the premises?
A. No. For the safety of all customers, staff and your pet, we do DO NOT allow pets on the lot. If you have a pet with you, do not allow the pet to leave your vehicle.
- Q. Are children allowed on the premises?
A. No. This is not a playground. Children should never be left unsupervised or in an area with vehicle traffic. If you have your child with you, they must remain in your own vehicle. You have the ultimate responsibility for the safe keeping of your children, keep them safe and out of harm’s way.
- Q. Does ADDITIONAL SELF STORAGE INC. allow hazardous materials on the premises?
A. No. All flammable, explosive, and corrosive products are forbidden. You are not allowed to store any dangerous, or harmful chemicals or materials (propane tanks, fuel, paint supplies, cleaners, etc.).
- Q. Can I store food items in my storage unit?
A. You are not allowed to store any perishable foods, liquids, grains or rice.
- Q. What are your methods of payment?
A. Cash, cheque, debit, Visa, or MasterCard.
- Q. Who can I send comments or complaints to?
A. At ADDITIONAL SELF STORAGE INC. we strive to provide you with the best customer service possible. If you feel that your experience could have been better or if it was truly exceptional, we’d appreciate your feedback!
Send your questions, comments, or accolades to:
Harry Doering at firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail slot in office door.
Our Phone number is 519-664-3535